Co-author Joe Pulizzi interviewed on Riches with Niches
Joe Pulizzi sat down with radio host Susan Friedmann from Riches with Niches to discuss content marketing for small businesses. The entire overview of the two-part series can be found here.
Joe and Susan discussed:
- What exactly is content marketing?
- What types of content can be effective as part of a content marketing strategy?
- Why delivering valuable information to your customers is a key to driving your business?
- What happens if you are not a writer? Can you still be a content marketer?
- Why has marketing changed so much in the past few years?
- What does it mean to put on a publisher’s hat?
- Why strategy rules?
- What does it mean to set up listening posts?
- Why consistent communication is the key?
- Start simple.
- How often should you update your website?
- How to package your information that will position you as an industry expert?
- Setting up the content calendar.
- Biggest mistakes small businesses make with content.
- Resisting the urge to “sell” too much in your content.
- Don’t wait for perfection. It will never come.