Joe Pulizzi sat down with radio host Susan Friedmann from Riches with Niches to discuss content marketing for small businesses. The entire overview of the two-part series can be found here.
Joe and Susan discussed:
- What exactly is content marketing?
- What types of content can be effective as part of a content marketing strategy?
- Why delivering valuable information to your customers is a key to driving your business?
- What happens if you are not a writer? Can you still be a content marketer?
- Why has marketing changed so much in the past few years?
- What does it mean to put on a publisher’s hat?
- Why strategy rules?
- What does it mean to set up listening posts?
- Why consistent communication is the key?
- Start simple.
- How often should you update your website?
- How to package your information that will position you as an industry expert?
- Setting up the content calendar.
- Biggest mistakes small businesses make with content.
- Resisting the urge to “sell” too much in your content.
- Don’t wait for perfection. It will never come.